Thursday, April 6, 2017

Storybook Planning

Hello World!!

For this week I felt like I needed to plan a story. Especially since I was having a hard time coming up with ideas for my story. I think that I would like to write a different version of Manachar and Munachar. I find that it was the one story that truly stuck out to me, and I could very easily twist it or modernize it to my liking.

One thing that I could do is change Manachar and Munachar to maybe monkeys or even elephants. I could have him run away from a mouse instead if he was an elephant instead of bursting like he did in the original. I do like the idea of having Munachar do a variety of things before he gets to Manachar though. I would have him do random things, or go on a pointless mission instead.

I think that I could maybe get inspired by Disney movies, simply because I think that this falls into that specific genre. I think that I would take some inspiration from the movie "Wreck-It Ralph." I feel that candy should be involved in this story and maybe unicorns instead of monkeys or elephants. I just feel like you could go all out with this story and have it easily still be readable. I would love to see how far I can go just to test my limits! I am really excited to write my story now!

Source: Amazon.com

2 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about this story but it sounds like a party. Leave it to Celtic mythology to include stories like this! Judging by the picture you included, I'm thinking it's a fairy story. The changes you're talking about sound interesting--modernizing or turning the main characters into elephants. It sounds like that would make reading it more palatable if the original is really strange. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the same unit you did this week! It was a tough one to work with! That's for sure! I like the ideas you have for changing the story and making it more fairy tale like. I really like the idea of modifying it to make it more like Wreck it Ralph! I think that will be really fun to write and read!

    ReplyDelete