Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Reading Notes: Grim Brothers LibriVox Part A

Hello World!!

 For this week's reading I choose to read a few of the Grim Brother's tales! I have always been interested in reading Grimm Brother's because it amazes me how different they are from the fairy tales that we love and know through Disney! I think that it is incredible how these are stories with such variety and uniqueness. The one that I found stuck out to me the most is Rapunzel. 

I was surprised at how similar this story was to Disney's "Tangled." Of course that version was easily softened up for children, but who really wants to see someone get blinded by thorns heartbroken? I find that the while the Grim Brother's version of the story is heavy it isn't crazy traumatic which I am grateful for. 

I also found that many animals were added to the Disney version such as Rapunzel's chameleon friend Pascal or the horse Maximus. There was also no Flynn Rider, which definitely upsets me since that was my favorite character from the movie! I understand that Disney obviously took some creative liberties, and I am glad that they did! I do wish that someone made a fairy tale set for all of the Grim Brother's tales so that we could read them and enjoy them easily!  

Source: Disney Princess
 All the information can be found at Grimm Brother's Tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment