Sunday, April 23, 2017

Reading Notes: Sita Sings the Blues Part B

Hello World!!

I think that the narrators are my favorite part of this short film. I really do enjoy their commentary, and most of the time they are saying exactly what I am thinking! For example when they debate on Rama's actions when he is telling Lakshmana to take Sita to the forest and abandon her. I don't understand why he is constantly questioning his wife? This truly does bother me even if it is an old and cultural book I hope that this doesn't showcase the current opinions of the people living there as well. First the agnipareeksha and now this exile. I don't understand how Rama finds this to be fair. 

Sita's Exile, Source: nirmukta.com
Another thing is, how is Sita still so devoted to Rama? Towards the end when she was singing to Rama's picture I almost started yelling at my computer screen. Personally, at that point I would be annoyed at my husband not sad that he had me left in the forest. ALONE. I could go on and on about these two parts, but it won't change a single thing. I suppose it all depends on the society and culture that you grow up in. After all, they play a huge part in the way that you think and the what your opinion is. I think that Rama is not being fair at all. Sita is constantly suffering for mistakes that she didn't make. 

Otherwise, I did really enjoy the animation film and I thought that Nina did a wonderful job! I am incredibly happy that she put the film on public domain for all to see, because it is truly a wonderful work of art. It can also teach us so much about Indian culture. That's it for this time! I'll see you guys next week!  

All Information has been from the video and notes on this link, Sita Sings the Blues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment