Monday, April 17, 2017

Reading Notes: Sita Sings the Blues Part A

Hello World!!

I thought that it would be incredible to see the Ramayana from an entirely different perspective. I was impressed with how this movie looked, and once I began it was hard for me to stop. I feel that adding songs and variations through the story gives it an entirely new twist. I adore that it's presented in a way that captures you attention as well as your heart. I believe that it would also allow for more children to learn and appreciate the story especially since it is done in a kid friendly format. It would allow for them to learn from a young age, and that could very possibly leave a lasting impact on them. It could also go on to become something they would share and teach to their kids.

My favorite part of the movie so far is when Sita sings! That's right. She SINGS! I'll admit that it is an incredibly small part of the story, but I think that it is purely admirable to me how the Nina Paley chose a song that worked in Sita's favor. I also really enjoyed the narrators with their opinions! I never thought about why Sita didn't just escape with Hanuman! I think that would have changed a lot of things! It would be so interesting for Sita to not be waiting for Rama but to be able to find her own freedom with Hanuman. I wonder if she would still have to prove her innocence to Rama if that were the case. Would he still doubt her if she had found her way back to him? Maybe this would have made way for more focus on Hanuman instead, but would Rama be of any importance had Sita found a way to get out of the situation before Rama found her? The one argument brought up so many questions for me! I think it will be fun to explore them! 

Hanuman Gives Ring to Sita, Source: www.exoticindiaart.com


All Information has been from the video and notes on this link, Sita Sings the Blues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment