Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Reading Notes: Aesop's Fables Part A

Hello World!!

For this week's reading I read Aesop's fables  I enjoy most of Aesop's fables, but I find that some of them are bit strange to me. I don't think that this is a bad thing. I assume that this is something that is normal. We all have different thoughts and different ideas of what our own opinions and morals are form a certain story or fable, and some ring true while others are a bit confusing. I find that my opinions tend to differ from others on various situations as is, so it's not something that I am too worried about.

I find that I enjoyed this week's reading thoroughly. I found that many of these stories allowed for me to really think about the interpretation. They were definitely unique and a change from the other Aesop stories that I have read. I think that Aesop's fables often vary distinctly from the various time periods that they can be found. I find that this is what makes them so enjoyable to read! Each story has a different thought and different moral from the others. I also really like that these stories are open to interpretation. It allows for us to be able to find a different lesson each time we read the story!

I find it incredibly difficult to pick just one that I enjoyed from this week's reading. I think that this will allow for the story writing for this week to be incredibly difficult. I hope, however, that is not the case. What did you choose to read this week?

Source: Magdalena Anguelova


All of the Information can be found at Aesop's fables

1 comment:

  1. What a great selection from this unit! I didn't choose the fables, however they were high on my list! I ended up reading about Alice's adventures in Wonderland as well as English Folk tales. After reading your notes, I am curious about the selection and may consider them for some extra credit reading this week. Would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete