Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Reading Notes: Chinese Fairy Tales Part A

Hello World!! 

This week I chose to read Chinese fairy tales. I have always been curious about them so when I saw that they were an option, I jumped at the chance to get more information. My favorite story that I read was the story called "The Lady of the Moon." This story had my attention even before I began to read the story. I felt that the title reminded me of an old Greek myth about Mother Earth.

I quickly learned that the two stories were not the same although I had made the assumption that they were. I thought there was a lot going on in the story. I found that with the herb, the suns, the lady, and the man it was all too much happening in a small and short story. 

I was also a bit confused as to why the emperor went up to the moon just to hear the music and repeat it to his pear-tree garden. I was wondering why he wasn't able to just play them songs he already knew? Anyways, aside from the bit of confusion and the unnecessary information I did find the story to be fun to read. It was really incredible to read a story from such a rich culture. I did enjoy all of the other stories as well, but I found that this specific story was one that I wanted to talk about considering I enjoyed it the most! What have you been reading this week?

The Lady of the Moon, Source: DuskDiamond - DeviantArt


All of the information is from Chinese Fairy Tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment