Sunday, February 19, 2017

Reading Notes: Persian Tales Part A

Hello World!!

 This week I chose to read Persian tales. I still enjoy the concept of having various stories to read rather than having one long story to read. I like being constantly kept on my toes when I read. I feel like it is a matter of preference. I think that I could read a long story but I am sure I would take numerous breaks in between.

The one story that I enjoyed the most for this reading was "The Boy Who Became a Bulbul." I found this story to be very strange. I was surprised that the father was able to cut off the son's head without a single thought. The son still seemed to have some form of remorse which I felt was apparent from his hesitation. I felt that he knew what he would have to do which was the reason he chose to leave and get a drink. 

I can't even imagine how the sister felt after she found her brother's head in the pot, and how did the mother cook the meat so nonchalantly? The whole story was so twisted and disturbing.... I loved it! It was very strange but it grabbed my interest immediately and it has forever been imprinted in my brain. 

I also feel that this could be incredible for a story! There are so many twists and turns for the story, but the way that it is written I honestly wouldn't want to change anything. It was a wonderful and intriguing story. I can't imagine an alternate ending to it, but I can imagine it being told maybe from a different perspective or even with some comic relief from the heavy material. 


Persian Tales, Source: Italki

 All information is from Persian Tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment