Thursday, February 2, 2017

Reading Notes Part A: Aesop Fables (Jacobs)

Hello World!!  

I choose to read these Aesop Fables this week. I read the Jacobs version just to clarify. I found that I enjoyed the fables immensely. The one story that stuck out to me was the one called "Wolves."

I found the wolf and sheep story to be a bit reminiscent of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf." The stories do not have the same exact plot, but I felt like there were some parallels. This was one of the stories I found I remember exactly form my childhood.

I feel that my favorite art of the story was when The wolf dressed up as the sheep only to pray on them. I feel like this was a strong opinion about appearances. The wolf dressed up as the sheep was deceiving others into trusting him and in turn harming them. I felt this moral could also be applied to normal life. You can easily find that you have to be very careful when you choose to interact with people now-a-days. Well, if you can get them to stop looking at their phone for a minute or two. You have to be a very good judge of character since with everything in the world today, you can really be able to become someone else. It's crazy to think that there are people like the wolf that you canmeet in your every day life.

I think that it would be fun to provide maybe some comic relief from the story, and allow for the wolf to feel remorse in some way after harming the sheep. Maybe have the wolf miss him? So many ideas for a story!! I'll have to see what I end up writing about. These fables have given me a lot to think about.
Wolves, Source: Pinterest


All the above information can be found at this link:Aesop Fables (Jacob)

No comments:

Post a Comment