Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Reading Notes: American Indian Fairy Tales

Hello World!!

For this week's reading I choose to read, The Native American fairy tales. The one that specifically stuck out to me in this reading was the story of "The Little Boy and Girl in the Clouds." It reminded me a bit of "The Tortoise and the Hare." It had more to do with how slow and steady won the race and also made it up the mountain. I think that this story was quite interesting. I especially liked that the entire story was up to interpretation. You could gain whatever moral you choose to gain. 

I was curious about how the little boy and girl were able to stay up on the mountain for a whole month with no food or water and still survive. I understand that this is a mythological story so there isn't always a logical explanation for these things, but I cannot help but wonder. It isn't exactly a possibility for sure, but it is a part of the story. 

Source: Project Gutenberg


All in all, I really did enjoy the story and found it to be wonderfully simple. I also enjoyed that this specific story had the animals helping and working with the humans in order to get to the little boy and girl. I am a huge animal lover and this aspect of portraying the animals is quite endearing to me. What did you choose to read this week?

All information has been found here: American Indian Fairy Tales.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment