Friday, January 20, 2017

Storybook Favorites

Hello World!!

Last semester, I actually ended up doing a portfolio instead of doing a storybook. I found that I preferred the format as well as the project idea itself. I enjoy writing various stories and do not like to be constricted to just one specific topic. However, these past examples of storybooks are incredible! I think everyone did a wonderful job! Below is a list of my top three to share with all of you!

Storybook 1: "The Sherwood Investigators"

I am a big fan of detective stories, so I knew I had to read this story as soon as I saw it. I felt that this topic would be something that would keep my attention. I wasn't wrong! I love the story about Robin Hood! Especially how he took from the rich and gave to the poor. I did feel that the introduction was a little short, because it was very concise. I was honestly not too fond of the layout though. I found it to be quite simple and would have enjoyed a layout that had a lot more to do with the topic rather than something that was so simple.

Link for Storybook 1: https://sites.google.com/site/alecstorybook/introduction

Storybook 2: "Elephants in India"

For this storybook, I found that the title really caught my attention. It didn't give away too much. As soon as I read the introduction I fell in love. I have very fond stories of my father telling me bedtime stories when I was little to help put me to sleep. I think I am going to bookmark the link to see if I have time to go back and revisit this specific storybook. I loved the layout of this storybook unlike the other one. I found that it went very well with the theme of the storybook and wasn't too over the top either. It was a perfect in between, and I can easily say that this was my absolute favorite storybook out of all of them.

Link for Storybook 2: https://sites.google.com/site/elephantsinindia/introduction

Storybook 3: "Alice's Journey"

For this last and final storybook, the title was an immediate attention grabber! I found that I was incredibly intrigued by what the story concept was going to be. In recent times, social media has grown to be such an important part of our day to day lives that I couldn't wait to see how this aspect would be added to such a classic story. I found the tone of the introduction to be very interesting. It somehow managed to peak my interest but not go overboard and cause me to have too much information. I really enjoyed that an actual image of a Facebook post was added to the introduction. I really enjoyed this storybook as well. 
 
Link for Storybook 3: https://sites.google.com/site/kimberleybishopok/

Storybook, Source: Superpower Wiki - Wikia

No comments:

Post a Comment