Friday, January 20, 2017

Reading Options

Hello World!!

 For this semester it will be our job to choose a reading every single week. Unlike in the Indian Epics class we will have a new reading every single week rather than reading one long epic consecutively. Personally, when I choose a book to read the topic needs to interest me as well as the first few pages need to be able to grab my attention. I think that if a book isn't capable of grabbing your attention then it you shouldn't read it because it will feel more like a chore rather than you being able to enjoy it. I found three topics that truly interested me in readings, although two are variations of the same type of story.

The first topic that I found truly interesting was the love story of Cupid and Psyche. I am usually drawn to mythology and I also find that I enjoy these kinds of stories immensely. I found myself immediately gravitating towards this section of the options. Unfortunately, I found that I have actually read many of the given options before such as Metamorphosis, the Odyssey, etc., in previous literature classes. If this wasn't the case I would have chosen one of them, but I would much rather choose to read a new book rather than re-read one that I have already read before. 

Books!, Source: Online SAT / ACT Prep Blog by PrepScholar
The other two topics that I found to be interesting were the two Aesop fable options. I am huge fan of not just fables but Aesop as well! I am familiar with some of his work, but when I went through the list of options from both of the two units I found that I had not read most of the stories provided. I am really excited to read these fables and I believe that I will begin with this topic as my reading for the week. I am not sure which one between the two just yet, but I will do my best to decide as soon as possible. 

I am so excited to begin this new journey with so many new books and stories! I cannot wait to see what the semester brings! I am excited for this class and for reading more stories that will be memorable! Good luck to everyone for the rest of the semester! 


No comments:

Post a Comment