Sunday, January 15, 2017

A Few of My Favorite Places

Hello World!!

Throughout your lifetime you travel to various places, but only a few, if any of them, have the capability to leave a mark on your heart. These place leave stamps of happiness, comfort, and even admiration on your heart. They leave you with peace and tranquility as well as huge cheesy my-pizza-is-here-grins on your face. They mean something to you and you would do anything to go back even if it's just for a day, an hour, a minute, even a second. They are your happy places! Take my word for it, if you find a place that you fall in love with, a place that finds it's way into your heart, never let it go. Hold onto it for dear life. Allow it to give you a reason to find your little ray of sunshine in this crazy mixed-up world. If you find anything that gives your heart warmth, keep it safe and don't forget to share it so that the world can be happy along with you! 

Here are a few of my favorite heart-warming places if you will!

1) Toronto, Canada:

 Beautiful skyscrapers, friendly people, delicious food, SNOW, and family! Who could ask for anything more? I went to Toronto for a family reunion last summer and have been dreaming about going back ever since. Their summers are equivalent to our springs and their winters are long and beautiful! I LOVE winter! The way the icicles hang off of trees and the whole city is covered in a soft, white blanket is such beautiful scenery. It also gives me a reason to make hot chocolate often! Can you imagine it?

Winter weather picture of Toronto, Canada 
Source: www.680news.com



How about now? :-)

2) New York City, New York:
New York Skyline at night Wallpaper
Source: wallpaperswide.com


New York is called "The Big Apple" for a reason. I went to this city for one weekend and fell in love! It was so different from the everyday life that I am used to here in simple old Oklahoma. The fast-paced life amazes me from the street vendors to delicious food and shows there is always something new. There is so much to explore! Since watching a Broadway show is on my bucket list going back is on my to-do list! I cannot wait! Hopefully, I will be able to head back to this beautiful city sometime soon, however only time will tell! 

3) Dallas, Texas: 
A photo of the Dallas night lights by a Texas electric company,
Source: www.smartchargeresidential.com



 I know that being a Sooner having Dallas as one of my favorite places goes against everything I've ever been taught, however Dallas is one of my favorite places for a simple reason: FAMILY. We know so many people in Dallas. Especially since we used to live there not to mention the amount of family that is still there it would be ridiculous not to include this place as one of my favorites! Family is very important to me which makes this city incredibly close to my heart.

Now that you have heard all about my favorite places, please do let me know of some of yours! In the meantime I hope that your heart stays happy and continues to sing! So, with that being said, until next time! 

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, Brown paper packages tied up with strings. These are a few of my favorite things!"
                                                                                                           - The Sound of Music

No comments:

Post a Comment