Monday, May 1, 2017

Reading Notes: Grim Brothers LibriVox Part B

Hello World!!

For this week's reading I choose to read a few of the Grim Brother's tales! I have always been interested in reading Grimm Brother's because it amazes me how different they are from the fairy tales that we love and know through Disney! I think that it is incredible how these are stories with such variety and uniqueness. The one that caught my attention this time was "The Twelve Dancing Princesses." 

I found this story to be unique, and while most of the stories that I read were reminiscent of Disney stories from my childhood this one was not. This story was like nothing I had ever read before and I was pleasantly surprised after reading it. I found that I enjoyed this story despite being caught off guard. 

 I also found that the cloak that helped the Prince become invisible reminded me of Harry Potter. I think it is so incredible that we find our stories from such a vast array of places. I really enjoyed the stories, and am glad that I got a chance to read and learn about them. 


Image result for twelve dancing princesses
Source: While We're Paused!


All the information can be found at Grimm Brother's Tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment